Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Continuing on the same vain. Occupational based interviewing and testing will work best. Give employees situations like they'll be working in. I have to admit the way Don Cyphers hired me made sense.

I called Cyphers up on the phone and was asking where to send my resume. He said he didn't care about my resume. He just cared if I could write. He put me on the spot at 4 o'clock on a Friday afternoon and gave me a deadline: I had two hours to get him two stories. He hung up the phone and I panicked. Everything was closed, everyone was out of town. Somehow I tracked down a story and the rest is history (or legal history as the case may be).

The man was a fraud and a crook but he had the most common sense, effective away of screening an employee. I give him that much.