Friday, December 05, 2003

Being at AmericanDaily.com, I'm honored to write on same board as Ryan Thompson, a 17 year old Conservative writer in Pennsylvania. I'm not that much older than he (6 years), but I take issue slightly with his latest column. In his column, he writes,

I am willing to ignore the increase in governmental spending because of the Global War on Terrorism because I know freedom is not free and that fighting for it is very expensive.

Now, I take issue with Thompson on this point. We can tolerate the President's increase, but we cannot ignore it. Conservatives are not going to except uninterrupted out of control growth of the government anymore they'll except unlimited abortion.

We can't let this lead us to destructive actions, but we have to plan to elect more Conservative members of Congress and a President in 2008 who will stand for less government and more freedom.